Monday, October 19, 2009

Turnip Au Graten

A very interesting dish. I don't think I have ever prepared a turnip in any form or fashion in the whole (almost) forty one years of marriage and I know I never prepared one prior to that time. Well, I have prepared this dish. Believe it or not, it turned out to be pretty good. I think if the time ever comes that I prepare it again I will use a mix of cheese. The recipe just called for Parmisan. If you are interested in turnips and want to try this just let me know and I will be happy to give you the recipe. The whole idea was to expand our vegetable diet. We did have Kale a few weeks ago and we liked it. Our next experiment will be leeks.
Whoa! we really do have exciting adventures.

3 comments:

Quite Content said...

I have a great recipe for chicken leek and barley soup if you want it. We look forward to seeing you in a few weeks. We love you and can't wait for your arrival. Hope everything is going well for you and dad. We miss you!

4Girls4Me said...

Are there any leftovers? Can't I just try yours without having to make my own? :) I never really met a vegetable I didn't like...

engstewart said...

I have to second Erika's suggestion on the Chicken, Leeks and Barley soup. Coming from a meat-a-tarian, that's a pretty good compliment. :)

I had turnips on my mission once and they weren't too bad...