Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The story of Poquito











This is Poquito (little bit). Our new addition. After our trip to the doctor with Shirls poor swollen leg and the doctor told us the capillaries were breaking because of all the swelling and blood thinners. The doctor said "keep it elevated as much as possible" . We were on our way out of the medical center and I thought I would have a much more comfortable ride home if I visited the restroom. When I came out of the restroom Shirl asked me if I had my check book. ???? Well, yes. Then he said you may want to go over and see what that woman has. I looked over and the woman was holding two little puppies. When I looked at them I saw they were Chihauhau puppies and so tiny. I asked if I could hold one and I had just planned to hold him and give him a little love and then give him back to the lady . But when Shirl said "is that the one that goes home with us? He then took the puppy and tucked him inside his coat so I could write out the check. Thus, we now have "Poquito" (little bit)

3 comments:

4Girls4Me said...

He's adorable!!!!!!!! So cute!! I love the picture of him on the couch. I wish I was there to love on him! :) Thanks for posting these!! Skye & I loved them!

engstewart said...

Wow! Talk about an impulse buyer (let's see- the Bandon house, the motorhome, the new puppy, etc.)... ;)

He's really a cute little guy- I look forward to meeting him- maybe this summer... :)

Love ya

OkieBren said...

Cuzin Barbie, what a handsome lil feller! I'm sure he will bring you years of joy!
Love your blog, just need pictures of you and Shirl now!!