Saturday, February 27, 2010

I can't believe it is Saturday again. It has now been four weeks since my TKR and I am doing really good. I do still have a lot of discomfort in my leg and I am a bit surprised at the level of pain still. I do know my knee is healing and getting better and stronger every day. I am being very faithful in doing my physical therapy and yes it does sometimes hurt. I have stopped taking the vicodin and percocet and depending on Aleve for pain control. It keep things more tolerable and yet does not fuzz out my brain so much. I am starting to do a little more of my housework and I have been able to do the laundry and help in the kitchen. My SH has been wonderful in keeping things up and me going. He is the ice pack man and makes sure I ice the knee through out the day. He has become a good man with the dinner menu and does a wonderful fried fish and broiled chicken. I am so grateful for him and appreciate all that he does for me. today we are going the Bayli Sit so Heidi and Skylar can enjoy some time together. We enjoy taking the Bayli to Petsmart and looking at all the critters and then since we are the Grands we take her to McDonalds for chicken nuggets in her kids meal. Grandpoppa always treats her to an ice cream. She keeps us laughing with her unexpected comments. Like "I really love the purple candle" "Oh, mgosh!" I love the ....whatever pops into her head. Life is a challenge but, oh so rewarding!

1 comment:

4Girls4Me said...

Mom, you are doing SO great!! I'm so proud of you! :) Thanks so much for Bayli-sitting so I could take Skye to the Tea Party. :) We had a great time and I know that Bayli did too. :) Ohmydosh! :) She loves her Grandma and Grandpa!