Monday, October 27, 2008

Last Days of Living in Bandon


Today is October 27 2008 and a Monday. How time does fly when having so much fun. We are now down to the last two days of living in Bandon if all goes well we will be vacating Bandon on Wednesday morning. It is getting scary as we don't know if we will be able to get everything loaded we may have to make some other arrangements to transport everything on this move. I am sure we could have done things a different way and it would have been easier . I guess we are just "do it meselfers" even if it cost more and a lot more work. Shirl has been great and is always searching for boxes. Then he fills them up and goes in search for more boxes.


I still need to go out and take more pictures of the final days in Bandon.

It is like a really good dream coming to an end and finding myself in a scary place. I have loved Bandon from the beginning. We have made wonderful friends and feel so much a part of the community here.

Life will be a lot different in Colorado. I enjoyed our time in Colorado Springs when we lived there before, but it was very lonely with so many people crammed into one area. The military presence and heavy concentrated population makes for a very busy lifestyle. Like living in a beehive. No more quiet mornings with just the sound of the ocean and the fog horn. Foggy misty or bright sun it was always a beautiful morning and a peaceful feeling to restore calm in my life.

3 comments:

Quite Content said...

Mom what a beautiful post. There is something so serene about Bandon. I can only imagine how much you will miss it. It is truly a little piece of heaven on earth. We are praying for you and your trip to Colorado. We are looking forward to seeing you in the coming months. We will miss Bandon too. We have some very fond memories of the area-- searching for agates on the beach, the wind blowing your hair, looking at tidal pools, Humbug Mountain and just a meandering drive down the coast. Green mountains and ferns on one side and the waves crashing against black sea stacks on the other. I can just picture it now.

4Girls4Me said...

I feel happy & sad at the same time. Bandon really is a peaceful, serene haven. I absolutely love it there and will miss it too. It's true that we have no beach, no ocean, no fog horns and not nearly enough overcast days in Colorado, but your granddaughters ask me every day when Grandma & Grandpa are going to get here. We love you & look forward to being able to share so many things with you close by. I do hope that you find some close friends here as well. I know how much you will miss your friends & close community there. I don't know if our little family can make up for all you're leaving behind, but we love you both so much and are so excited to have you here - we're sure going to try!!!

Unknown said...

That would be scary and sad but things always seem to work out. Good luck and I hope to see you soon.