Thursday, June 3, 2010

A lovely and WOW! May and now its gone.

Happy June! I can't get my mind around the fact that my May has turned into June. Time is marching on. I love the month of May as it is a time of change of season. Of course it is also my birthday month. This one was some birthday. My sweet daughter and son and all the family conspired to make sure I never forgot that I was turning 70. I never thought 7 could be such a big number when you add the zero.
I had the surprise party of surprise party. Heidi sent out invitations to everyone and I received cards and happy wishes from the whole family. Then the big surprise party.

My sister called the week before and said "we are going to make a quick trip to spend Mothers Day and your birthday with you. We have not done that for several years." I was really happy to have them come from Utah for a visit and to help me celebrate. Then.... Heidi called and said the grandgirls wanted us to come for cake and ice cream at 7:00 . I did think that is pretty specific on the time, but with their crazy schedule I could accept that. Melba, Davy, Crystal, Klara, Avery and Stephanie arrived from Utah and then we went to Heidi's house. Skylar met us at the door and as we walked into the kitchen and family room a big SURPRISE! was shouted and there was our son Eric, Erika, Sarah and
I had Alex wrapped around my knee along with very dear and loved friends that we had known in Germany. Tom Spillaine, Ashley, her husband and daughter, Cory and her boys. Heidi, Mike and the four grandgirls. I was one very surprised 70 year old Birthday Girl.

The buffet was loaded with wonderful foods for chocolate dipping in the Chocolate Fountain and refreshing punch from the Punch Fountain and one super delicious chocolate birthday cake. Thank you Heidi and everyone that traveled and took time to celebrate for me and made my birthday one to remember for always. I never had a surprise party before in my life. I must remember too that one of the big surprises was that I would be getting and new grandson in September.

1 comment:

4Girls4Me said...

What a party!!! :) It was so much fun and it was a joy to plan it and throw it for you. I was so excited for you to have so many people that you loved here to wish you a Happy 70th! This will be your best decade yet! :) I am lucky beyond lucky to have you as my Momma and love you so much!!