Saturday, May 30, 2009

The places I love in Bandon




J


Picture of Shirl in our cozy Yurt. The Elk Reserve and of course sunset at the light house Coquille River on the North Jetty. Bandon Bakery run by our dear friends the Kim and Chris Powells. Wonderful soup and sandwiches made to order and fresh each day. So much beauty on a daily basis




Pictures of the Jail House Rocks (It really was the original jail house for Bandon)one of our favorite rock hound place Kay and Bob were always so helpful with questions about rocks from all over the world.
We had such a wonderful life in Bandon it was hard to give it up, but we do love being here and being closer to Heidi and family. Life is good and I have been so blessed. Since leaving and knowing this would probably our last trip back to Bandon for a long time I had to take pictures of all the places I loved. I did go to the beach and found some beautiful agates and we had dinner at La Fiesta the most delicious Mexican Food on the coast . So many wonderful memories.

3 comments:

4Girls4Me said...

What fun pictures! I know how much you guys loved Bandon. I love it there too. I hope that you are not wishing you stayed there! :) We have been so busy lately, but hopefully things will settle down a little now that we are out of school!! I love having you here so much! :)

Quite Content said...

We love Bandon too! It was a magical place. I loved how relaxing it was being there. There wasn't the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Somehow time sort of forgot to snag Bandon into is grasp. I am glad that you shared some of those pictures. I have very fond memories of Bandon. We look forward to seeing you very soon.

Bev said...

Great pictures!

and don't you love the weirdness of late snow storms here in the rockies?