Saturday, January 31, 2009

Happy Happy Day

We have had a wonderful week. I was a little concerned after the way last Saturday went. Shirl had such a bad day and we ended up spending most of Saturday in the ER at St. Francis Hospital while they tried to decide what to do for his bad headache. They determined that it was not a migrain, and not a brain bleed as he is on the blood thinner still . They did a CT Scan and everything looked good. Decided he was having Chronic"Tension Headache". They gave him a shot of morphine and some other pain killer and then let us loose about 2:30 am. We were both worn out and after returning home having a very early breakfast at 3:00am we slept in late on Sunday morning. The headache finally let up about 3:00 pm Sunday. By now I had the headache. So glad to be past that.
This week has been good, no headache! I have been busy making a Poodle Skirt for our Madi girl to wear to the sock hop on Friday. It has been fun and I enjoyed making it. Then on Thursday I went to school for Ancient China Day and Madi and I walked the "Silk Road" of Ancient China. She was a merchant and traded Sweet Dates and raisins for silk and ivory and porcelain and horses. It was really a "kick" watching all the trading and bartering among all the kids. They really got into it big time. We had a Chinese Lunch that was very good and then it was back to the current day and time for me to leave. It is really wonderful to be able to share time with my Grandgirls. Hopefully I can get my camera downloaded to share pictures of the events. Meanwhile check out Heidi's blog.

1 comment:

4Girls4Me said...

I'm so glad that Dad has had a better week. That is so rough. Madi & I loved having you spend China Day with her!! She looked super cute in her poodle skirt last night. You are the best Grandma ever!