Thursday, March 13, 2008

The "wee" Irish tea and other nonsense

The "tea" was fun and everyone seem to enjoy. I have somewhat recovered with the help of my Shirl and a night of rest. It was fun to be able to finally use some of my pretty cups and teaset. Now I can pack it all away and hope to be able to do it again. Maybe next year.
My table decorations.
HAPPY ST. PATRICKS DAY




It is my turn to have the tea party for my little group of friends. It started about a year ago and we get together every few months for an afternoon tea. Herbal tea and juice is preferred drink of course. I wanted it to be fun and something to do with the season of spring. It is March so of course the idea of celebrating the green of St . Patricks was my choice. It finally all came together and we did have a fun time. It was pretty traditional "Irish" with cucumber, radish, salmon, and meat (turkey) and egg finger sandwiches. With lemon curd, clotted cream and jam for the Irish soda bread along with little dainty cream puffs,and of course cream pound cake with strawberry and "Like Devonshire cream". It was not complicated to do, put I would never have made the deadline if my "darling sweetheart" had not come to my rescue. He made all the little dainty finger sandwiches for me. My hero saved the day so I could enjoy the time with my friends. Then he took our pup-dogs for a drive while I partied.

2 comments:

4Girls4Me said...

Hi Momma! I'm so glad that you posted these pictures!! Everything came out so cute! I love it. It sounds like a great day. :) I'm glad you were able to do it with a little help from Dad. :) He's a good guy - you should keep him.

Quite Content said...

Hey Mom,
I loved the post about your tea party. I thought that everything came out wonderfully. I loved looking at all of the decorations and beautiful yummy food. I wish that I could have been there to celebrate. Who knows, maybe next year! Superman saves the day again!!! Way to go Dad!!! We love you.